Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Unprocessed October Challenge

While on Twitter, I read a tweet about a challenge a blogger had thrown out for the month of October. blogger Andrew Wilder, at Eating Rules, http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2012/thanks/?id=6722 , proposes that people sign up and take the jump into eating only unprocessed foods for an entire month. This idea completely intrigues me. I try to eat mostly unprocessed foods as it is, but maybe there is more I can do.

October is a busy month for me. Both of my boys are playing football and pretty much everyday of the week there is a practice or game going on. Sundays, we have baseball practice too and some how in the midst of all this I work and take care of things at home. Laundry just does not seem to do itself...yet. Behind all  this bustling activity is excuses. Excuses on why it is just easier to pick up already made pasta sauces when I know full well how to make my own. Excuses for buying so many things premade and prepackaged. Granted, I do can and freeze a lot of our food so things could be worse at our home but I definitely buy lemonade instead of squeezing lemons.  

This challenge it going to make me face my excuses. It begs for me to take time out of my busy schedule to actually prepare food. It is up to me to enjoy it. I love to cook. I love to chop veggies and herbs. I love the smell of bread baking. These are all things that I really enjoy but lately have not carved out time to do. Well Unprocessed October, I am embracing you. I have my handy rules from http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2012 and I am ready to use them. Menus will be planned. Food will be prepared and eaten. Lunches will still get made. Along the way, I am bring you, my blog and friends, along for the journey. I will post recipes, even the ones that do not work. I am extending the challenge, join me in this Unprocessed October, even if it is just for a weekend. Be intentional and deliberate in your food choices for the month, a week or a weekend and let me know how you did or are doing.Only eat foods with ingredients that you recognize. No preservatives and extra unpronouncable words in the ingredient lists. This is so do-able.

Chickens are going to provide tomorrows breakfast...thank goodness for fresh eggs. Lunch is going to be a sandwich and side salad. Dinner... well that one I am not so sure of just yet. I have to stop at the grocery store tomorrow after work, but before football lol, and I will pick up something to grill. The weather is supposed to be nice and I am looking forward to firing up the grill.

So, join me friends, head over to http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2012/ , and sign up. Its going to be fun.

Enjoy
: )
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment