Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 1 Unprocessed

Can be bought on Amazon.com
Today has been a good day at my house for the Unprocessed October. I hit the grocery store where I stocked up on things like rice and bakery fresh bread. I also found some pasta that I am excited about. Its called Dal Raccolto...Product of Italy. The ingredients ar : Durum Wheat Semolina, Water.... That is it and at $3.59 for one pound of Strozzapreti noodles, I love it. Do I feel guilty that it comes from Italy and not Michigan...today I don't. I know the work that goes into making my own pasta from scratch. I have even blogged a recipe. The time and energy I saved by buying this one product from far away works out in my book.


I also bough bananas. I love them too. My newest obsession with bananas is to slice them and then sprinle them with cinnamon and sugar. It is so good. Like, where you been all my life good. Mmm mm Good and they can be made even better if you top them with a bit of whipped cream. I die it is so good.
Bananas O'Goodness


Day 1 of Unprocessed October this was my meal list...

Pre Breakfast ... 1 cup...well its a big cup so maybe 2 technically, Coffee...with real cream and a tsp of sugar

Breakfast was Scrambled Eggs, a pear and milk

Lunch was a turkey sandwich with swiss cheese on bakery wheat bread, Greek yogurt and an apple

Dinner was grilled chicken, quinoa with Feta cheese and tomatoes then I squeezed a half of lemon on it, and a grilled red pepper.

Snacks were a  carrot sticks and peanut butter, peanut butter and 5 crackers and also my favorite a banana sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

Overall, not a bad day at all. I am satisfied and it felt good to make healthy meals for my family. Not one of anything I ate today had chemicals or was it loaded with preservatives. Feels good.

: )
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment